About the Recipes in Corner Café:
1. All recipes in Corner Café use 1 standard cup of 250ml, 1 tablespoon of 20ml and 1 teaspoon of 5ml.
2. Oven temperatures and time given are only a guide for conventional ovens. For fan-forced ovens, reduce temperature by 20°C as a general rule, or check the manufacturer’s manual.
3. The size of eggs used in all recipes is about 60g each (weight includes shell) unless otherwise stated. Eggs should be brought to room temperature before use in cooking or baking. Please note that those who might be at risk from the effects of salmonella poisoning (such as pregnant women, the elderly or young children) should consult their doctor before eating raw eggs.
4. Butter used in all recipes is normal salted unless otherwise specifically indicated as unsalted or reduced-salt.
5. Cocoa powder used is Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, I usually use Cadbury Bournville Cocoa (out of habit more than anything else because it is the most easily available cocoa in the supermarkets) which is Dutch processed but not indicated on the package. Nestlé Baking Cocoa is apparently also Dutch processed, again not indicated on the package, but there is also Nestlé PLAISTOWE Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder if you want to be absolutely sure. Many people also recommends Woolworths Home Brand Pure Cocoa Powder (in a box) which is a pure Dutched cocoa powder packaged in Germany.