Makes approx. 12 cupcakes
2 large, ripe bananas, mashed *
125g butter, softened
110g caster sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon rum essence (optional)
300g self-raising flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, sifted with flour
1/2 cup dark Choc Bits (choc chips)
400ml thickened cream (whipping cream)
300g dark Choc Melts (chocolate buttons)
* I used 230g mashed banana.
** Reduce the quantity by half if you only want a thin layer of icing on top of the cupcake.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Sift flour with cinnamon; set aside. Line 12 to 13 muffin tins with paper cups (I made 12 and they overflowed).
2. Cream softened butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Beat in rum essence. Mix in mashed banana.
3. Fold in 1/3 of the flour and cinnamon mixture, mix well. Mix in 12 of the milk. Fold in the next third of the flour mixture, then the last of the milk. Finally fold in the last of the flour mixture together with the choc chips.
4. Divide the batter into the lined muffin tins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked.
Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan. Pour over the chocolate in a mixing bowl. Stir until all the chocolate has melted. Leave to cool, then whisk until soft peaks. Spread or pipe over cupcakes.
Taste: Delicious moist fluffy cupcakes with rich chocolate icing
Consume: Best within 3 to 4 days
Storage: Store in airtight container in the refrigerator; return to room temperature before serving, or serve cold if desired
Recipe Reference(s): –