This is a Portuguese dessert which is also very popular in Macau. There are many variations, from more complicated recipes using eggs and gelatine to quick and easy ones using sweetened condensed milk. This is the easy one with only 3 ingredients and so quick to make for an impromptu dessert when you do not have much time.
Makes 4 cups
125g (about 15 pieces) Marie biscuits
300ml thickened (whipping) cream
90g (3 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1. Have ready 4 drinking-glass (or small plastic take-away containers) of about 225-250ml capacity each.
2. Roughly break the biscuits and put into a food processor. Blend into fine crumbs; set aside.
3. Beat the cream and sweetened condensed milk together until firm. Transfer the sweetened whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a 2cm star- or round-nozzle.
4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the biscuit crumbs into the bottom of each glass (pic #1 above). Pipe a single layer of whipped cream on top of the biscuit crumbs (pic #2). Repeat layering (pic #3 & #4) 2 more times with the crumbs and cream until you have 3 layers of crumbs and 3 layers of cream in the glass. Spoon another tablespoon of biscuit crumbs on top to finish (pic #5).
5. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Taste: Quick, easy and delicious creamy dessert with a crumbly contrast
Consume: Best with 1-2 days
Storage: Chill in the refrigerator
Recipe Reference(s): From various sources