Makes approx. 30 cookies
115g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
70g brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
140g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb. of soda (baking soda)
125g traditional rolled oats
100g 70%-cocoa dark chocolate
100g macadamia nuts, toasted & skinned
170g dark chocolate chips (eg. Nestlé Dark Choc Bits)
1. In a food processor, blend rolled oats into fine powder; set aside. Blend dark chocolate into coarse powder or grate the chocolate if you prefer; set aside. Blend macadamia nuts into coarse powder, or chop roughly; set aside. Sift plain flour, salt, baking powder and soda; set aside. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Cream butter and both types of sugar until well combined. Mix in vanilla. Add egg and beat until combined.
3. Add the sifted flour mixture, blended oats, dark chocolate, nut and chocolate chips. Mix into a soft dough.
4. Pinch dough into small pieces of about 30g each and roll into balls of about 3cm in size.
5. Space the dough balls about 5cm apart on a lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly if you prefer but not necessary.
6. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies have flattened out and surface has dried. Let cool.
Taste: Soft American-style cookies, nutty and with a strong chocolate flavour
Consume: Best within one week
Storage: Store in air-tight container, best in the refrigerator in hot weather
Recipe Reference(s): The Urban Legend Chocolate Chip Cookies