Makes 8 rolls
1/2 portion Japanese-Style Savoury Roll Dough
1 egg, lightly beaten for eggwash
4 slices bacon
1. To prepare the Topping: Cut each slice of bacon in half, trim as necessary to fit onto the risen dough piece. Put the mayonnaise (about 3-4 heaped tablespoons) into a small freezer bag and cut a small opening in one corner for piping.
2. Prepare the Japanese-Style Savoury Roll Dough as directed up to step 3.
3. Take one of the 8 small divided balls and roll out with a rolling pin into a flat oval just slightly larger than the trimmed bacon. Place the dough on a lined or lightly greased baking tray. Repeat with the other 7 dough balls.
4. Let rise, lightly covered, until double in size. When ready, eggwash the top of each risen dough pieces.
5. Place a trimmed bacon on top of each risen dough piece. Pipe a squiggle of mayonnaise on top of the bacon and dough.
6. Bake in preheated 190°C oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Taste: Soft, fluffy and light savoury bacon roll
Consume: Best served warm
Storage: Can be kept for 1 to 2 days in airtight container in the refrigerator, reheat in the oven or microwave before serving
Recipe Reference(s): ‘培根麵包’ recipe from the cookbook ’65°C湯種麵包’ by 陳郁芬