Quick and easy layered cheesecake for desserts or special occasions, even quicker if you use store-bought sponge cake to make it, then no baking is necessary.
1 quantity sponge cake
Quick Cheesecake Filling:
250g (1 package) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
395g (1 tin) sweetened condensed milk
80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice, from about 2 large lemons
85g (1 package) jelly crystals, raspberry flavoured or other flavours as desired
1 quantity crème chantilly
1. Prepare the jelly as directed on the package – add 250ml boiling water to jelly crystals and stir until completely dissolved, then stir in 200ml cold water, refrigerate until firm in a flat container.
2. Prepare the cheesecake filling: Beat cream cheese until soft, gradually beat in condensed milk, add lemon juice and mix until smooth.
3. Cut the sponge cake into 3 layers.
4. Line base and sides of a 20cm cake tin with baking paper or greaseproof paper. Lay one layer of the sponge cake on the base of the tin. Spread half the cream cheese filling on the cake layer. Lay the second cake layer on top. Spread with the remaining cream cheese filling and lay the final cake layer on top. Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator until firm, preferably overnight.
5. Turn cheesecake out onto a cake board or a serving platter; remove lining paper. Frost the top and sides of the cake with about 3/4 of the crème chantilly. Pipe remaining cream around the edges.
6. Dice or roughly chop the set jelly. Spoon over the top of the cheesecake inside the cream edges. Spoon any remaining jelly around the base of the cheesecake. Chill until ready to serve. If desired serve with fresh raspberries, or other fruit corresponding to the jelly flavours.
Taste: Delicious quick, easy cheesecake layered with sponge cake
Consume: Best within 2-3 days
Storage: Store in airtight container in the refrigerator
Recipe References: –