Makes 600g char siew
600g (approx.) pork neck
1 heaped tablespoon Char Siu Sauce *
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
1 to 2 tablespoons golden syrup, or corn syrup, warmed slightly
* I used Lee Kum Kee brand.
1. Slice the pork along the grain into 3 even pieces of about 200g each.
2. Marinate overnight with Char Siu Sauce and soy sauce, covered and chill in the refrigerator. Turn a couple of times if necessary to coat evenly.
3. Position an oven rack near the bottom half of the oven and place a baking tray underneath to catch any drips from the marinade.
4. Place the marinated meat on the rack. Bake at 180°C for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked.
5. Remove from oven and put the meat on a cooling rack (place a tray under the rack to catch the drips), brush syrup all over the char siew pieces; let any excess syrup drain off. Let cool.
Taste: Sweet flavourful roast pork
Consume: Best without 1 week
Storage: Store in airtight container in the refrigerator; may be frozen
Recipe Reference(s): -